Laptop Screen Repair
If your laptop screen is cracked or damaged in anyway then bring it into Impress Computers and we will replace it with a brand new screen within a few hours.
We repair most laptops from Dell, Acer, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Gateway, Samsung, Asus and MSI and carry most common LCD screens in stock.
The cost of the repairs are $70 labor and the screens range in price from $89 to $129.
For a full range of screen prices click on this link.
We replace screen sizes from 10.1″, 12.5″, 13.3″, 14″, 14.1″, 15″, 15.4″ 15.6″ and 17.3″ and carry most of the screens is stock for same day replacement.
Is your laptop running hot?
Does it keep shutting down?
Over time internal fans get clogged up, your thermal compound becomes hard and the processor starts overheating. This will result in the laptop shutting down during operation and could lead to processor failure.
Extend the life of your laptop by bringing it in to Impress Computers for a complete Strip & Rebuild.
Complete Laptop Clean
Fully strip the laptop to Motherboard Level. Clean all the fans, remove the heatsink and fan, apply thermal paste (we use arctic silver) and then reassemble laptop.
Impress Computers is the Leading Laptop Repair Store in Katy and Houston
- Laptop Screen Repairs
- Power Jack Replacement
- Keyboard Replacement
- Hinge Repairs
- Overheating Issues
- Virus Removal
- General Repairs and Troublshooting
Impress Computers provides a wide range of laptop / notebook repairs from Replacing Laptop Screens and Hinges, Upgrading RAM (Memory), Installing new hard drives and transferring your data as well as general trouble shooting.
Bring your laptop / notebook into our store at 21733 Provincial Blvd Ste 110 Katy TX 77450 and we will get your laptop or Macbook on the bench straight away.
Impress is conveniently located between Houston and Katy with easy access from Park Ten, Sugarland, Cypress and Brookshire for all your laptop and MacBook repairs.
We have over 40 stations that are available and technicians on hand to solve all of your computer needs.
Symptoms of a broken DC power jack:
- The laptop only operates when you hold the DC power plug in a certain direction (DC jack is broken or loose).
- The laptop only runs on battery power (no power is getting through the DC jack).
- The laptop gets no power at all.
- The laptop will not charge the battery.
- The laptop switches from AC power to battery power intermittently due to a loose or broken power jack.
- The laptop suddenly shuts off.
- The DC jack may feel loose.
- Sparks come out of the back of the laptop when you insert the power plug into the DC jack.
How some repair centers handle DC jack repair:
Most service centers don’t want to deal with this problem by attempting to repair the DC jack. Many, including the large nationwide stores and the laptop’s manufacturer, will either tell you the machine is not repairable or that they will need to replace the motherboard. These quotes usually run from $250 to as much as $800. They choose to ignore the fact that a broken DC power jack can be repaired without a motherboard replacement because they are not equipped with the tools or training to do DC power jack repair on your laptop.
How a DC jack breaks:
- The DC power jack on most models of laptops do not have enough reinforcement within the structure of the casing and motherboard to handle the stress caused by movement of the power plug.
- Some DC jacks simply fail under normal operation of your computer. After a year or two of usage, parts just come loose on certain models.
- Sometimes the laptop gets dropped and the plug jerks the DC jack loose.
- People, pets and vacuum cleaners trip over laptop power cords and break the DC power jack.
- The laptop is moved around a lot. After the DC jack is moved back and forth enough times, it comes loose.
- In some cases the DC jack was not soldered onto the motherboard well by the manufacturer.
Getting a new DC power jack installed by us:
This is a repair we do on a daily basis on ALL brands of laptops for individual customers and other computer repair shops all over the US. We have every DC jack for every laptop in stock. A flat rate of $150 covers the cost of the DC power jack and all labor involved in the DC jack repair. Unlike most laptop repair centers, our technicians have years of electronics training and experience. We also have invested in premium soldering equipment to safely remove the old DC jack from the laptop and replace it with a new DC power jack without damaging the motherboard. Rather than having your DC jack repaired by somebody in their basement shop,
We are located just north of the Katy Freeway and this is your best buy for repairing laptops that are no longer charging in the Houston and Katy area 77084 and 77450
If your laptop keys have stopped working, or have loose it may be time to replace your keyboard.
Most keyboards cost between $29 and $69 and we charge $40 labor t replace the keyboard.
If you have an Ultrabook the cost will be higher and you would need to bring it in for an accurate estimate.
When the laptop lid starts coming loose it is normally because either the hinge is broken or the hinge has broken away from the bottom or top part of the case.
We can strip the laptop and determine what parts need to be replaced.
The labor charge is 2 hours at $69.50 so the total will be $139.00 plus the price of the part that needs to be replaced.
You will to bring the laptop in and we can give you a full estimate once we have stripped the laptop.
Impress Computers offers Computer Repairs and Laptop Repairs in the Katy, Houston and Richmond Areas, covering the following Zip Codes