Operating System Installation
The first thing that we will do is:
- Check your hard drive for bad sectors or if it has a bad spin count. If the hard drive has any faults this would be a good time to consider if it’s better to replace the hard drive or replace the computer.
- Check your memory. In a lot of cases your windows may get corrupted by faulty memory
- Check your motherboard for leaking capacitors. There’s no point in putting money into a computer that is likely to crash down the road with a faulty motherboard
If you use microsoft office, we can also get your product key before we wipe the hard drive so that we can reinstall it after we are finished.
Once we have all your hardware checked we will then format your hard drive, install windows and download all of your drivers for sound, video, network cards etc.
We will then install an anti virus program like Microsoft Security Essentials.
You are now ready to collect your computer, but there are a few things that you will have to do:
- install your printer (you can get the software/drivers for your printer from the manufacturers website if you have misplaced your cd)
- Install any other software
- if you use outlook, outlook express or windows mail you will need to put in your username and password. If you have forgotten your password your ISP can reset this for you.
Re-installing Your Printer after you have finished, follow these links to download your printer drivers:
We are located just north of the Katy Freeway and this is your best buy for same day virus removal service for the Katy and Houston Areas 77084 and 77450.