https://youtu.be/NbYJvFUci_sf you use Outlook (even if you use Exchange), you should do a weekly backup of your Outlook.
Here are the correct steps
In Outlook, click on File, then Open & Export.
Left Click on Open/Export.
- Left Click ” Export to a file”.
- Left Click “Next”.
- Left Click on “Outlook Data File (.pst).
- NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT – Outlook defaults to the “inbox” and if you do not change this, the only thing that will get backed up is your in-box. Move the slider to go all the way to the top and left click on your email address right at the top.
- Make sure that the box is checked that says “include subfolders”.
- Left Click on Next.
- Now you will get a chance to change the path where you want it backed up to (like to an external) The default is C:Users”username”DocumentsOutlook Filesackup.pst.
- You can also change the name of the file to include the date “backup080216.pst” so that you can have multiple backups
Then make sure you keep copies on a flash drive or USB external drive USB Flash Drives https://www.impresscomputers.com/c/Computer-Parts/Memory/USB-Drives
USB External Hard Drives https://www.impresscomputers.com/c/Computer-Parts/Hard-Drives/External/Ultra-Portable-25-USB