As Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Small Business Saturday approaches there will be an increase in online purchases.
Along with this there is also an increase in scammers and fraudulent activities.
So how can you stay safe when doing online purchases?
Follow these simple steps
- Research retailers online to make sure they’re legitimate.
- Make sure the website is secure by ensuring that it has https instead of just http
- Know your rights and the company’s returns policy.
- Keep software and virus protection up-to-date and use strong passwords for online
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi… it’s safer to use your own hot spot
- Pay using a credit card instead of a debit card
- Be smart. If it’s too good to be true…. the chances are it’s a scam
For more computer tips, visit our website..