Windows 10 has an Anti Virus called Windows Defender that is actually fairly decent. It can run in the background
Here is how you can run a scan
- In the Settings window, click Update & Security, and then click the Windows Defender option on the left side.
- In the Windows Defender dialog box that appears, click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- In the window that appears, click the Virus and Threat Protection button on the left side (it’s shaped like a shield).
- Click the Quick Scan button.Windows Defender scans your computer and reports any findings.
- Click Advanced Scan in the Windows Defender Security Center window to choose among a full scan, a custom scan, or an offline scan.Windows Defender scans your laptop according to your choice and reports any findings.
Antivirus definition updates automatically arrive through Windows Updates and are installed like any other system update. These types of updates don’t require rebooting your computer. That way, don’t need to worry about updating Windows Defender, because it’s all handled quietly and automatically in the background.
For added protection you can also add a paid version of Malwarebytes that works well with Windows Defender