We are on the verge of a new release of Office 2019 and we are starting to see signs that prices of the 2016 starting to increase.
Some businesses can preview the software and you can always sign up if you want to see what it looks like.
Microsoft Office 2019 is meant to be a perpetual offering, meaning that you pay a one time fee and you will have access to the new features and updates when they are released.
New Features if Office 2019
Microsoft is pushing improved inking features across apps, including roaming pencil case capabilities to PowerPoint. This allows users to move objects using their pen or write directly on slides.
- Excel: Businesses can take advantage of new Excel functions, Power Pivot and Power Query enhancements, and 2D maps. Users can also publish from Excel to Power BI in the Office 2019 version.
- Outlook: Microsoft is going to update contact cards, support @ mentions within Outlook and introduce focused inbox features.
- Word: Word will have a new black theme, sounds integrated into Office 2019, learning tools and text-to-speech features. There will also be various accessibility and usability improvements.
- PowerPoint: Microsoft is adding enhanced zoom capabilities, the ability to manage 3D images within the program and enhanced roaming pencil case features.
- OneNote: OneNote is arguably getting the biggest update. Microsoft said in a separate release that it will combine OneNote 2016’s best features with Windows 10 usability. These features include ink-to-text, improved syncing and an enhanced user experience.
How to preview Office 2019
Businesses interested in previewing Microsoft Office 2019 beta can sign up through Microsoft’s Collaborate portal. The Office 2019 preview program is not for companies that already have Office 365 subscription plans. Microsoft said that the apps included in 365 already have all the features that will be available in the Office 2019 release.
To preview Office 2019, you and your company must register with Collaborate, a platform run by Microsoft that enables the sharing of engineering system work items and content. You must already be running Microsoft Windows 10.
Once you’ve signed up, click Overview in the sidebar on the left. Then select Engagements and Office 2019 Commercial Preview. Click Join and accept the terms and conditions, then click Join again. You’ll then need to download a couple files from the Packages icon labeled Office Deployment Tool and Office 2019 Commercial Preview Documentation.
New Article on Business News Daily
If you are not sure about compatibility with your current software you may want to purchase 2016 whilst you can
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.