- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry
- 5X Protection III Hardware level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. Fan Xpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8 channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
- DTS Headphone:X
ASUS Z390-A PRIME LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN Motherboard
ASUS Prime motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your initial build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. With essential ASUS design and engineering, you benefit from as automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio.
Designed for 9th generation Intel Core processors, the Prime Z390-A delivers maximum performance with customizable style. 5-Way Optimization provides AI overclocking and dynamic fan calibration while dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen2 delivers maximum transfer speeds. Aura Sync RGB with addressable headers customize your build.
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with SafeSlot Core, LANGuard and Overvoltage Protectionility
- FanXpert 4 with AIO Pump Header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- SafeSlot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
- ITManager 092820
The overclocking module of AI Suite’s 5-Way Optimization has been revamped for the Z390 platform. With a revised back-end that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based upon smart prediction and thermal telemetry, this new version quickly delivers overclocking results that would typically take days of manual tuning.
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It’s the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data. Also, with backward compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports, you’ll experience ultimate connection flexability and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk. And to further enhance overclocking headroom for fully stacked memory configurations, we’ve employed a highly customized T-Topology layout that delivers time-aligned signaling.
Cooler by Design
Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimize cooling for GPU and CPU-intensive tasks.
Upgrade to unrivaled audio
Prime Z390-A utilizes a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek — the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers.* And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.