This week I had a number of customer’s coming to the store who had lost all of their emails and contacts, even though they were backing up.
The problem is that they had not backed up their Outlook correctly.
If you use Outlook (even if you use Exchange), you should do a weekly backup of your Outlook.
Here are the correct steps
In Outlook, click on File, then Open & Export.
Left Click on Open/Export.
- Left Click ” Export to a file”.
- Left Click “Next”.
- Left Click on “Outlook Data File (.pst).
- NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT – Outlook defaults to the “inbox” and if you do not change this, the only thing that will get backed up is your in-box. Move the slider to go all the way to the top and left click on your email address right at the top.
- Make sure that the box is checked that says “include subfolders”.
- Left Click on Next.
- Now you will get a chance to change the path where you want it backed up to (like to an external) The default is C:Users”username”DocumentsOutlook Filesackup.pst.
- You can also change the name of the file to include the date “backup080216.pst” so that you can have multiple backups
Then make sure you keep copies on a flash drive or USB external drive USB Flash Drives https://www.impresscomputers.com/c/Computer-Parts/Memory/USB-Drives
USB External Hard Drives https://www.impresscomputers.com/c/Computer-Parts/Hard-Drives/External/Ultra-Portable-25-USB
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Daniel, Roy or Michael on 281-647-9977
Have a great week